520.01 Establishment of commission.
520.02 Composition and appointment.
520.06 Powers and duties.
SECTION 520.01 ESTABLISHMENT OF COMMISSION.
In accordance with O.R.C. §519.04, the Zoning Commission of Rootstown Township is hereby created and shall have all the powers and duties prescribed by law and by this resolution.
SECTION 520.02 COMPOSITION AND APPOINTMENT.
The Commission shall consist of five (5) members appointed by the Township Trustees. The members shall be residents of the unincorporated portion of Rootstown Township. The terms of members shall be for five years and shall be so arranged that the term of one member expires each year. Each member shall serve until his successor is appointed and qualified. Members shall be removable for the same causes and in the same manner as provided in Section 519.04 of the Ohio Revised Code. Vacancies shall be filled by appointment of the Board of Township Trustees and shall be for the unexpired term. The members of the Zoning Commission shall serve without compensation.
SECTION 520.03 QUORUM.
Three (3) members of the Commission shall constitute a quorum at all meetings. A vote of three shall be necessary to effect an order, take action, make decisions, or act on any authorization.
SECTION 520.04 MEETINGS.
The Commission shall elect a chairman from its membership and shall adopt rules and procedures not in conflict with the provisions of this Resolution as may be necessary to put into effect the powers and jurisdiction conferred herein. The Township Trustees shall appoint a Recording Secretary. The Commission shall meet at its regularly scheduled meetings and at the call of its chairman. All meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public.
SECTION 520.05 PROCEEDINGS.
The Commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings, including a record of the vote of each member upon each question or, if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact, and shall keep records of its examinations and other official actions, all of which shall be immediately filed in the office of the Township Trustees and shall be a public record.
SECTION 520.06 POWERS AND DUTIES.
The Zoning Commission shall have the following powers and duties.
- To review all development plans required by this Resolution and submit a recommendation to the Zoning Inspector for permitted uses and to the Board of Zoning Appeals for conditional uses.
- To review and act on applications for planned residential developments.
- To review all proposed amendments to the Zoning Resolution and Zoning District Map and to submit a recommendation to the Township Trustees.
- To transmit all proposed amendments to the Portage County Regional Planning Commission for their recommendation and to consider the Portage County Regional Planning Commission's recommendations at a public hearing.
- To propose on its own initiative such amendments to the Zoning Resolution and Zoning District Map as it may deem consistent with the purposes of this Zoning Resolution.
Table of Contents