The Rootstown Township Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing at the Rootstown High School Cafeteria, 4190 St. Rt. 44, Rootstown OH on Tuesday August 15th, 2017 at 7:00 PM. Any person interested will be afforded the opportunity to be heard on the following zoning amendments:
- Section 150.02 B - Definitions
- Section 350.01 I - Purpose of Commercial District Regulations
- Section 350.13 - Development Plan Review
- Section 370.03 E - Schedule of Permitted Uses, Industrial Districts
- Section 610.03 A - Zoning Certificate Application Requirements
- Section 610.12 - Commercial and Industrial Certificate of Use
- Section 620.05 I - Final Development Plan Submission Requirements
The proposed zoning amendments can be read in full here.
Jordan Michael, Zoning Commission Secretary
By Order of the ROOTSTOWN TWP. ZONING COMMISSION
The Rootstown Zoning Commission and the Board of Zoning Appeals monthly meetings have changed. The Zoning Commission will now meet every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7pm, in the Town Hall. The Board of Zoning Appeals will now meet every 1st Tuesday of the month at 7pm in the Town Hall. The two Boards have swapped meeting days for more efficient use of time due to County Board meeting schedules.
Welcome to Rootstown Township's Web Site
Rootstown Township was founded in 1802 and is located in Portage County. Rootstown provides a mixture of living environments, shopping and restaurants while still maintaining its small town character. It is also home to the Northeast Ohio Medical University. With easy access off I76, it is a desirable place for its residents to live and work.
We hope you visit our website often to keep informed of activities and notices listed above that affect the residents of Rootstown. We always welcome your comments and suggestions to make this website useful and informative to all the residents of Rootstown.